2 Kings 4 (NIV)
The Widow’s Olive Oil
1 The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the LORD. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves.” 2 Elisha replied to her, “How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?”“Your servant has nothing there at all,” she said, “except a small jar of olive oil.”
3 Elisha said, “Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don’t ask for just a few. 4 Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side.”
5 She left him and shut the door behind her and her sons. They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring. 6 When all the jars were full, she said to her son, “Bring me another one.”
But he replied, “There is not a jar left.” Then the oil stopped flowing.
7 She went and told the man of God, and he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left.”
This woman was desperate for a miracle. Her husband died and she owed money and the creditors were going to take her sons. AS SLAVES! She tells Elisha that she has nothing...except a little olive oil.
The thing that touched me in this message is that God will use what you will give to him. This message could be used in many different scenarios...obviously for me it was infertility. I may not have the perfect fertile reproductive system. I may not have all the answers. I
My hope is anchored in Him. My trust is ingrained in His truth. My future is in the palm of His hand. I believe it is wise to be well educated and understand what is going on with my body. But....above it all, His truth does triumph the facts. One day I will have my victory dance.
Oh and look who wanted to drop in and say a sleepy hello...Lukers
Again, as soon as the podcast is available I'll post it. I hope you will listen, it's refreshing.





Beautiful photographs! And, a beautiful message. Can't wait to hear the podcast!
ReplyDelete"His truth does triumph the facts"
ReplyDeleteLove this.
The photos gave me goosebumps. Your faith leaves me in awe. I love you, friend.