I also love concerts. I am a short one though so usually by the end of the night or next morning my calves are killing me because I have been standing on my tippy toes for 4 hours. J and I usually try to get to concerts early so that we can find a good view for me. Then I stay put and he makes our drink runs.
Last night we went to a concert in KC to see one of our very favorite artists, Brett Dennen .
We first heard this awkwardly lanky and tall red headed boy in the summer of 2009. He was touring with our favorite band OAR. Our friends John and Tenisha were thinking about going with us and when we told them who was opening for OAR, Nish said "Oh, Brett Dennen! You'll like him." She was so right. He completely blew me away. His unique voice and adorable dance moves captivated me (and J) and I knew that wouldn't be our last time to see him perform.
The thing about Brett is that he doesn't really fit in a "genre" so we never hear him on the radio (so sad) so not may people know about him. He is his own genre and articles have been written about him on this topic. He says he's ok with that and he's not trying to fit in to any category, he is just Brett Dennen. On wikipedia they classify him as "folk". I suppose that'll do. I've heard him on Scrubs and Parenthood and it made me so happy. He deserves that :)
So last night we danced and watched as "our boy" Brett and his band did their thing. It was so freaking awesome! I've wanted him to come to the midwest for 2 years now and this was the first time! I hope he felt welcomed, the crowd seemed to love him as much as J and I did. He is so much fun and you can see that he loves doing what he does best. Here...go ahead, click this link to hear what I'm talking about. I guarantee your foot will be moving or tapping.
Yep, we're fans. I even got a shirt to prove it :) I love San Fran so this shirt was perfect, had my name written all over it. Well actually it has Brett's but ya know...
We were introduced to a band called Blind Pilot, the opened for Brett. WOW. They were so good! We have them on our Pandora playlist now :) If you like Folk music then you're sure to like Blind Pilot.
Who are you a fanatic about?? What's your song? Who's your band?
Happy listening :)





Ahhhh, something else we share! Gotta love Brett! I stumbled across 'Ain't No Reason' sometime in '08. So amazing! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh Bella how I love you let me count the ways!!
ReplyDelete