Saturday, May 21, 2011

STORMS!!!

Gotta love the Midwest storm season!!! This was the closest and scariest tornado experience I've ever had...and I've had a lot of them lol. The afternoon started off by J and I taking a motorbike ride out in the country. It was beautiful and like 85 degrees-that was a lot warmer than it was supposed to be.

It suddenly became very very dark-this is when I was sad I didn't have a camera with me :( It was so cool watching the storms roll in. Little did we know it was a huge tornado cell forming. We *barely* made it home before the rain started. Then about 3 minutes later it started to hail. Boys and girls, this was not your cute little "oh it's snowing in May" hail. This was HOLY SH****T IT'S RAINING BASEBALLS!!!
There were still ones bigger than this, J was running outside to grab these (don't worry he was wearing his bike helmet lol). It was incredible and terrifying all at the same time. Seeing the devastating disaster that recently happened in the south made me pretty afraid. I'm so used to tornadoes and storms that I'm not usually afraid. I'm not gonna lie-I did think for half a second "maybe the world really is going to end". The clouds were so eerie and all of a sudden they were swirling right above our house. J got some video on his cell phone but it doesn't do its justice. You should see the pics friends are posting on FB. I can not believe the tornado never touched down and was destructive. There is a ton of hail damage but that's about it. We were very lucky. It was so huge in the sky, we couldn't stop watching it instead of being smart and seeking shelter.

Anyway, that was our exciting night :) I'm off to bed now, big day tomorrow. My sister and I have a date in KC at Union Station to go to the Princess Diana exhibit. I'll try to take some pics of that and share with you, they'll even have her wedding gown there! Cannot wait-totally excited.

Take care my loves xoxo!

2 comments: