Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Last Tea

Well I'm almost finished with my tea and acupuncture experience. It's bitter sweet. I'm ready for it to be over with for the sake of $ and I'm kind of tired of being poked. But I love it too because it is relaxing and therapeutic.I had such high hopes for it all. Now I sit and scratch my head. Pray. And wait.

So this is the last actual tea (I'm on week 3 of tea) and the last week (week 4) will be herbs in the pill form **praise the Lord** The idea of this tea is that *if* I had ovulated (and my chart is not indicating that I ovulated...big surprise there right) this tea would strengthen the egg and promote very rich blood flow.

So here are some photos of the tea before I brewed it. Unlike the other teas, this one didn't have any leaves.




 Guess what that is...go ahead guess it....Yep that would be Mule Glue. I'll repeat that b/c you probably 
  thought you heard me wrong. That is GLUE made from MULE.

 
Oh and those are my toes that I painted for the first time in TWO years! I had an ouchie that wouldn't go away and it prevented me from painting my left big toe. It's finally almost all better so I painted a light coat :)


Ok back to the tea. I had to let it soak in room temp water for 15 minutes before I heated it up. After that I simmered it for 30 minutes while keeping the pot covered.




While my tea simmered, I was to melt the mule glue //gags//. My acupuncturist made this seam easy peasy and it was not. It wasn't melting. He said it should melt like chocolate. But they were bubbling up and were actually looking like honey roasted peanuts...not creamy chocolate!



Mr. Muffin and I were baffled. I couldn't call my acupuncturist either because it was late and he was in the preparation stage of getting a colonoscopy and said he wouldn't be able to answer his phone. I don't blame him. So I eventually just dumped the stuff in my tea and let it melt in there. I figured it couldn't realllllly make that big of a difference. I guess we'll see if I'm still alive in a couple of days ;)

So here is what I strained from my tea. Yep I get to drink this lovely concoction. Lucky me.





He swore to me that there wasn't crap in my tea...I'm beginning to wonder if I should've specified the word "crap"



There ya go boys and girls. I will drink 1 cup twice a day for 7 days and then I'll start my herbal pills to try to end this cycle naturally. I would love for it to work but I'm not getting my hopes up. I've enjoyed my natural remedies and trying to get my body to cooperate on its own. But so far she aint doing a daaaaaang thing. So I'll take September off from everything and probably start Clomid in October...maybe November. It's a hard step so it just depends on how I feel at the time. J and I have been trying for almost a year now for a baby, it's depressing to think I haven't O'd or cycled on my own. Not once. I'm angry and confused and maybe a little annoyed too. 

Hope you've enjoyed reading and looking at my pictures from my herbal tea experience. Let me know if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer. Because you've been such a good follower I'll share one of my favorite photos from our Yellowstone vacation. These are the Grand Tetons in Jackson, WY. This is where J and I want to retire :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful toes, beautiful mountains...and that tea did look nasty, but I am so proud of you for going through with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bells :) Miss ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the things we put ourselves through! I hope it tastes better than it looks ;-)

    ReplyDelete