So I thought I'd finish what I posted on Saturday. Where did I leave off...oh yeah, I took my last BCP in Sept and assumed it would take a little while to regulate blah blah blah.
124
That's how many days my first cycle lasted. Yep-I know, I wish I were kidding too. It finally ended by me taking Provera. Most women take Provera once their cycle gets to 60 days, but it was a really hard decision for me. I don't know why, I guess I just felt defeated and I was throwing the towel in. I just wanted my period to come on its own so badly. I didn't want to have an anovulation cycle. I look back now and regret not taking Provera sooner-oh well ::sigh::
So my period came on Jan 23rd (something like that), I WAS SOOOOO HAPPY!!! I woke up and had horrible cramps and just knew AF (aunt flow) had arrived. She was welcomed with opened arms too! On CD 3 I went in for blood work to test for PCOS and to have a pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound. The US tech was so sweet and shared her TTC story with me-she had PCOS and was at the time, 4 months pregnant :)
On Feb 7th Mr. Muffin and I had a consultation with my Dr to go over my BW and US report. It was what we had expected all along, PCOS. Luckily b/c I had a feeling, I (and J) had already done a lot of research and put on our brave faces. Dr B said that my hormones weren't off the charts crazy but they were a little off, apparently enough to cause me to not ovulate=no baby. I'll talk more about PCOS later for my followers who aren't really familiar with it.
So here we are, today is like CD 52 and no ovulation again so far for cycle 2. Sucks. I'm heartbroken, I'm confused, I feel like God is angry at me. I am a little angry at God too, my sister got pregnant at 16 and had all 3 of her kids before she was 20. REALLY??? Life isn't always fair my friends. Some days I feel good and like I can overcome this, some days (today) I feel like I am running on a treadmill with no end in sight.
Dr B wants me on Clomid but I am not ready for that and I probably won't be for at least another year. I am willing to give my body and mind time to do this on its own. I am trusting God for a healthy pregnancy and baby...when He is ready (that is hard to say). So here is the P*L*A*N of attack. Acupuncture! I'm very excited about it, there is a lot of positive research and success with acupuncture for women with PCOS. I'm praying that it helps me ovulate and helps my hormones mellow out. So, I think that should catch you up to date.
Thanks for reading and following me. I am enjoying blogging, I'm finding it to be quite therapeutic. Any prayers and positive vibes to my ovaries/endocrine system are much appreciated.
xx
bran
Bran, you're so right---life isn't fair MOST of the times. Sometimes I feel like this life is harder being a Christian. (Nothing has ever come easy to me at least, not like for my friends, it seems.) But, I know that God does have a plan for us. It isn't Him who is punishing you, or me. I will be praying for you! xx Linds (bella)
ReplyDeleteBella! I was just thinking of you last night :)Thanks for the comment, you have a way of giving me the warm and fuzzies! No one ever said being a Christian would be easy, that is for sure! I think sometimes I'm just so afraid that God isn't going to "show" and then I'll doubt or wonder what happened. I guess that's where faith comes in.
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy the acupuncture! Sending positive, ovulating thoughts your way :)
ReplyDeleteThanks B xoxo
ReplyDelete