Our attempt to make a baby with PCOS and Severe Male Factor IF...est 9/2010
Friday, March 25, 2011
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A
I'm from OK originally but now I live in KS. My mentors/the most amazing people in the world live there now (they lived in OK too then moved to KS now back in OK...yeah that's a lot of moving ;) ) and I'm going to visit them for the weekend. I haven't hung out with them in a while which makes me sad. I cannot tell you how much these people mean to me. They have been my light in the darkness, umbrella in the rain storm and you'll laugh and cry at the same time talking to them. They entered my life when I was 11 and I knew from them on that they would always be apart of my life-and one day my children too.
They were my youth pastors when they were in OK, then betrayed me and moved to KS to youth pastor there. I came up summer 2002 and met a cute curly headed kid named J (now Mr. Muffin). They liked J and this made me jealous. J would tease me that they loved him more and I to this day still disagree. We were able to do youth ministry for a little while together and then they moved back to OK to start an incredible church there. I'm talking life giving, real move of God people. I wish that church were here, actually I wish it were in Denver :)
Those mentors married J and I and we are all still very close. We don't see or talk as much as I wish we did, that can change. It just takes a phone call, unfortunately we use facebook to stay in touch now a days. Sad.
So, I'm off late tonigt for a weekend with them, I'm very excited. But first I have to watch our Jayhawks win their Sweet 16 game and get ready for the Elite 8! Have a great weekend followers xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's great you were able to get away for the weekend and spend some time with your 'spiritual family!' You need to take time to recharge and heal. Great story about how you met your husband! Saw that the jayhawks won---so did UK! If we both win tomorrow, we face off in the Final Four!
ReplyDelete