I've read a lot of literature about TTC and TTC W/PCOS. The internet is full of great resources and helpful info. I, however stumbled upon this gem at a local bookstore that was going out of business. If you have PCOS, I highly suggest this book.
It is very easy to read and helps you understand what is going on with your body. They use a lot of medical terms that your doctor uses but in this book they explain what those medical terms mean. It also talks a lot about dieting and food, what to eat what not to eat. I felt like this was one of the best things I've read about PCOS.
I had my yearly exam on Monday. I knew I was the last patient of the day so I asked Dr B if it would be ok if I could see what all of my blood work and US results looked like. Now, she has verbally told me my results but I wanted to see them for myself. I wanted mostly to understand what exactly is going on. I need to know exactly what to pray for. She brought her laptop in the room and we spent 40 minutes talking and review all of my medical info. It was A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!!!!!
That was the best appointment I've ever had. I feel like I have a strong knowledge of where I'm at medically now. I wasn't even sure what all I was tested for, there were so many over the past 2 months. I was so glad I had her do this. Usually doctors are in such a hurry but I realized that this is important and why I pay her...well why I pay my insurance company to pay her :) I think she even has more respect for me b/c I care so much. I'm very proactive in my health and she seems to appreciate that a lot. She said I'm her only patient pursuing Alternative Medical Treat. I was really surprised to hear that, a little sad too. She is eager for me to try acupuncture and hopes for success. I'm grateful to have a good relationship with my Dr.
....oh just a quick update, today is CD 74 DPO 7 :) Praying those CH's are a true indication of Ovulation! No more psych outs fertility friend!!!

YAY! Sounds like an awesome appointment! Bran, my Dr. said my FSH levels are indicative of PCOS, though I know that isn't a diagnosis. I am really interested in the book you mentioned. I think I might go ahead and get it, if just for all the dieting/food information. I am praying those CH's stick! :P
ReplyDelete